What globally unique, persistent, resolvable identifiers do you use for datasets?
What globally unique, persistent, resolvable identifiers do you use for datasets? I want to know about either (a) a challenge you’re facing, and what you’ve tried; or (2) a choice you recently made, and how it’s going.
Please email me at email@example.com with:
- an email subject of either (a) “FIP F1-D challenge” or (b) “FIP F1-D choice”,
- (preferred) an email attachment of a one-minute-max audio recording so that you can asynchronously mini-guest on the podcast 🙂,
- an email body that at minimum says either (a) “CC0” or (b) “CC-BY …”, where “…” is how you wish to be attributed (e.g. your name, your name and location, your name and affiliation, etc.).
You may also write out your challenge or choice in the email body, in which case I will read it aloud. If you choose a CC0 license, I will by default keep you anonymous unless you give me attribution info.
- Use an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCiD) for your attribution info. Obtaining one is free.
- If applicable, give me an ANZSRC-2020-FoR code (the browsable tree takes a second or two to load) for your typical field of research, whether two-digit (most broad), four-digit (narrower), or six-digit (narrowest in this scheme).
If you really want to send me multiple choices and/or challenges, please send them as separate emails. Also, feel free to spread this message far and wide. Thanks!